‘Village Industry’ means any industry located in a rural area which produces any goods or renders any service with or without the use of power and in which the fixed capital investment per head of an artisan or a worker does not exceed Rs one lakh in plain areas and Rs one lakh fifty thousand in hilly areas.
Manipur Khadi and Village Industries Board ( MKVIB) was established with an aim to provide financial assistance to the poor and down trodden artisans of the state for establishment of small scale Industrial units.
Sustainable development of Village and Traditional Industries by planning, promoting and organizing Khadi, Village and Micro Industries Sector in the State. Facilitate creation of employment opportunities for unemployed youth, artisans by helping them to establish their own village / micro industries Units.
- To make Khadi and Village Industries products competitive and productive.
- To create and nurture an entrepreneurial ecosystem in rural areas of Jammu and Kashmir.
- To improve living index of rural artisans/workers falling under the purview of Khadi and Village Industries sector by empowering them and extending hand holding support.
- Employment Generation in rural areas, through schemes being implemented by 38,K KVIB.
- of efficienc through a commitment to quality.